Monday, September 15, 2008

Waiting

Today was spent catching up on sleep and fighting off the urge to get lazy. Idle hands with loaded weapons in them are worse than the devil's playground, you know what I mean???

Flying ahead in time all those timezones makes my head spin and makes the days all blur together. It is 1.25km to the chow-hall and anything to do besides take a shower and get into trouble. I am working on killing a Sudoku book in the time I have to hone the logic bone in my brain housing group. Both my weapons are spotless and that is saying something with all this really, really fine sand/dust out here.

All the things I don't know make it very hard to plan on prepare myself for normalcy. I just have to believe that things will be great and that we will have everything we need.

Hang in there and we will all be back soon, right?

Semper Fi!!!

m

2 comments:

Matt and Sarah said...

Mark -

Just wanted to say hello and touch base with you. On the Truman now, made O-4 and will be deploying again next year. Hope all is well with you.

Mark said...

Matt, CONGRATS on LtCdr! That is AWESOME. Let me know when and where and I will shoot you an intel report.

All is well here. We are making a difference and that is going to be seen as US troops start to draw down. GOD IS GREAT!!!

Semper Fi,
m