Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Damn Possum"

I just have to pass on this story I got from Colleen today in my e-mail. It will make you cry with laughter. She is such a great lady to put up with my absence...:

Yes you read that right. Damn possum, let me tell you a little story.

We got up today, did a bunch of chores in the house, (basically we cleaned the whole thing!) folded two loads of laundry, and headed out for cheerleading (a whole other story there!), we got home around 11:10 and we were outside beginning yard work at about 11:20am. We started by vacuuming the pool, picked up the poop, all the yard sticks to prepare to mow. We all agreed we’d mow after lunch and then go in the pool. Well all morning Pudlee was going crazy by the small shed. She walked around it literally 50-100 times, jumped up on the sides of the shed and just seemed very bothered by something near the shed. I looked couldn’t find anything and Katie thought she was just annoyed by the squirrels. But then… I noticed out of the corner of my eye as we were putting all the shovels, rakes and stuff away, a long nasty looking tail peeking down from the grapevines. It was a possum. A pissed off possum. I got the kids to get Pudlee inside. I tried to call animal control, they only work M-F 10-4. Called Steve, he wasn’t home. So I called you dad, (I’d love to hear his side of the story on this one!) first mom answered the phone, she was ready to chit chat!” Mom I need Dad right now, is he there?”, there was obvious panic and stress in my voice. “Dad there is a possum stuck in the grapevines, what do I do? This is a man job, animal control is not open. Help!”

Dad laughed, and said “get a long pole and poke him, make a hole in the vines so he either falls out or can climb out!”

I went looking for a pole, “I can’t find a pole long enough”

Dad says, “a broom handle will work.”

“ No it won’t I want a long long pole, I ain’t going near this thing. Hold on this will work” I begin to poke the damn thing, it barks spits and hisses at me… I scream like a girl!... several times mind you! Dad is now rolling on the floor laughing, “Dad this isn’t funny, well it kinda is, but I shouldn’t’ be doing this, it’s a AUGHHHH!” “Dad I need a stronger pole?”
Dad then says… “go get a long pool pole”

“Okay, this is ridiculous, why do possum love me so much. Go somewhere else, this is not your home…” dad is still rolling on the floor laughing…”it’s not funny Dad!” I walk back over to the vines … “he’s gone. Oh crap where did he go? I can’t find him Dad!”

“well he probably got loose and ran away”

“He better not come back, I think I really made him made” dad is still laughing.

We talk a bit more and haven’t seen the possum since. Damn Possum!

So then we ate lunch, mowed the lawn (the lawn mower broke, the self-propel handle), washed both cars, blew the driveway off and then finally hit the pool! The kids did, the water was only 76 degrees!!

A day in the life of a Marine Wife is never dull or boring, especially when their man is deployed!!
CF


I love you Beautiful, and will be home soon to deal with the Possums of life!!!

Semper Fi,
m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view