Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One Step Closer

Iraq is HOT. OK, that said, we are still not at our operating destination, but we are done with the flying part. It is going to be trucking and walking from this point forward.

In what I have learned, we are going to be hand washing most of our laundry and eating out of a box delivered about twice a week. This is going to be good training, but relatively austere (if that is how you spell it...) I am certainly not complaining, as we will be living the standards most middle-class Iraqi's live, except they don't get the box chows and their deployments never end. God sure blessed us Americans!!!

My bride and the kiddo's are doing just fantastic there at the house. From everything I have heard from her, they are carrying on like nothing changed on Saturday the 13th. What a great leader Colleen is. I am telling you, she is just the absolute BEST.

Daily I think about how blessed I am to be married to her, to be an American and to have the opportunity to serve our country.

Well, my time is up on the computer! Please feel free to comment on this blog. I will do my best to post daily and give you all an update on what is happening on here. Be warned, I am going to be honest on here and that may offend. Also, as my feelings change so may the tone of the blog. I will do my best to keep it kid friendly with pictures and words, but I will be as honest as I can. Oh, one last thing... I may not have time to comment on your comments, but I will do my best to respond. I may make a collective response if I can hit more than one bird with one stone!

Semper Fi,
m

1 comment:

M&D said...

Mark,
Your blogs are great! Keep them coming!!!
Loved your blog on the 2 cows! Sounds like the Pure comm was the best??????
M&D