Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote

Today is your last opportunity to vote in this year's pivotal election. Make sure you at least consider the freedoms you have to vote.

I cast my ballot via absentee and hope that you will set a good example and do the same.

In a total change of subject, I decided to never use the lone port-a-john out by the parking lot. Iraqi drivers, specifically IP's in their own parking lot, really, really scare me.

In trying not to be predictable, I avoid routines. I walk to work at different times of the morning and vary my daily routines as much as possible. It makes me a harder target....

So on one such occasion, I decided to use the port-a-john out by the parking lot. It is not as clean, but this was a quick pit-stop and I would be on my way.

About mid-way through, I hear an IP truck come squealing around the lot and start making its way toward a spot over by the IP hooch. Through the little slits in the top of the port-a-john, I helplessly watched as this truck came dangerously close to hitting the flimsy plastic box that would have offered no protection to an incoming F-350.

Mere inches I am telling you, mere inches. It about knocked the port-a-john onto its side... this would have been really, really bad and my blog entry would have been quite different.

Anyway, from this point forward, I am sticking to the facilities closer to the buildings and out of the potential paths of incoming trucks.

Semper Fi,
m

No comments: