Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Results...

Well, the results are in, and I am really, REALLY happy about them!!! Who would have ever dreamed??? Who could have imagined???

I have been waiting 15 years to say this, and it is NOW TIME! The time is finally here!!! Colleen and I have been married for 15 years today!!! (and you thought I was talking about the election???)

When we first got married, in November of 1993, we were so happy.

I was happy because I was marrying the greatest lady in the world. I knew she wasn't going anywhere. While I was in boot camp, she sent me letters every single day. We were engaged the whole time.

When we first got engaged, we told each other that divorce simply wasn't an option, period. It was either stick it out or die trying. With that perspective, we were determined to get by our differences and make compromising adjustments no matter what came our way.

With God's help and the support of our family (and quite despite the Marine Corps' best efforts I might add) we have made it 15 years and have many more to come.

I love you Beautiful!

Semper Fi,
m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark,

Dad and I both came from fairly stable homes and did not deal with divorce. I didn't become saved until after you were born. In the 6th grade, I had an atheist teacher and she convinced me, (well confused is a better word) that there was no God. When you were born, my eyes were opened knowing that such a beautiful gift - you - could not have JUST HAPPENED! All this to say, we did not make the committment when we married to stay together or die trying, but as the years have gone by, neither of us has ever truly considered divorce!!! He's a wonderful gift from God and I'm so thankful for him!

See you soon,
Mom