Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sick

Please forgive my delay in posting, but my digestive tract has been very angry with me lately. It is liquefying everything that made it by my stomach and rejecting everything else. (I am really trying to convey an idea gently but know of not too many other ways to say it).

Needless to say, I have been out of commission lately, but I am back on my feet now.

According to Doc, it is a virus. He said one of his SSgt's got it about a day before I started showing symptoms. Lets hope it ends with my, right?

Sgt Garrett and Fawwas were great. Sgt Garrett did both our jobs for a day and Fawwaz was there to keep shoving food down me. That man knows probably 5 different languages and several more dialects but "no thank you" is not in any of them. I am telling you, Colleen hand-picked him to take care of me and keep me out of trouble, but I am not sure how she did it.

Well, I feel better today and should be back to 100% within a day or two.

I hope you are all safe and healthy.

Semper Fi,
m

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,

Sorry to hear about your stomach virus. From what I've always heard, you feed a cold and starve a stomach virus. You just don't want to get dehydrated. Sips of 7-up, etc. If it comes back up, don't eat / drink anything for a couple hours. If all else fails you get an IV put in and get IV fluids.

Glad you're better. Hope Sgt. Garrett and Fawwaz don't get it. AND BY ALL MEANS DON'T SEND IT TO US!!!!!!!!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Mark,
Hope you are feeling better now. Is it possible it was something you ate with the Iraqi Col.?

Love your blog! We are so proud of you and your quick thinking and generous ways.

I have finished the book I mentioned to you. I hope to send it soon.

Love, Aunt M

Mark said...

(typing with rubber gloves so as not to pass the virus on through the keyboard)

Mom and Aunti M, thanks for all your love and concern in commenting to this post. I really appreciate it.

I don't think it was food poisoning as I was the only one who got sick and several of us had lunch with the Col.

I look forward to the book and will do my best to bring it back in one piece.

See you all really soon,
m