Friday, October 24, 2008

Communciations

Communications have really helped Colleen and I stay married and keep our marriage strong.

We are always telling each other how much we love and cherish each other. That part is so important to me. If that is not manly, then fine, but it is keeping our marriage strong.

My nick-name for Colleen is Beautiful. Remember, nick-names are important. Words have meaning. She knows how I feel about her every time I call her name.

She gets flowers once a month while I am gone, and normally on days she would not expect them. If there is a birthday or anniversary in a month (and they all seem to happen while I am deployed) then she gets two orders of flowers because the one is just me telling her I love her.

We will be married 15 years on the 5th of November, and she has been the best gift God could have given me. She is a loving, faithful and capable lady who only knows the good in people. She is a true Proverbs 31 wife and an awesome mother. I could not do what I do without her support and love and failing to communicate this would be fatal to our marriage.

Beautiful, I love and appreciate you.
m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww...that is EXACTLY how it should be! Colleen is amazing & so are you Mark! I don't think many people understand how powerful words are & how important it is to build each other up. You guys are a great example!
Take Care,
Joann