Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Advanced Course is Slowing down


Man, the Advanced Course is one crazy time. It is nothing like I had expected and nothing like they said it was going to be. In some ways I am disappointed and in other ways, I have really benefited from the experience.

The PT was more intense than I am used to, so it really helped to get me in better shape. From my perspective, I still have a long way to go, but this certainly helped.

Academically, it has been a disappointment. I haven't really learned much. The tests are more key word recognition, than subject matter mastery, so they are very elemental.

Relationship wise, there is little time to build social networks and since the focus is on academics, we are really discouraged from sharing information.

The time management on the part of the scheduling is lacking, so we are there way too early and spend more time waiting for things to happen than we do engaged in activities.

They are treating us like Gunny's, so that is a plus, but for the most part, this check in the box has been just that. I must say, it was worth coming back from Iraq 2 months early, that is for sure!

Maybe next time....

Semper Fi,
m

No comments: