Thursday, April 9, 2009

CFT at the Advanced Course

So I got to do my first Combat Fitness Test the other day and what a butt kicker that thing is. It may not look like much, but good-googly-moogly (ya had to be in class for that one...).


It is a lot of running, crawling, buddy-dragging/carrying, ammo-can lifting/carrying and heavy breathing!


This is me doing my best not to drop GySgt Bowling on his head. It is supposed to simulate me carrying his carcass off the battlefield, but my goodnes, "that mug" is heavy... (another one you had to be there for...).


This is the ammo-can lift... ya lift the 35 pound ammo-can as many times as you can, from your shoulders to a full elbow extension for 2 minutes. Somehow that thing gets heavier, the more you lift it.

Good times, and I am so glad they are history!

Semper Fi,
m

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look like you are having so much fun! I am glad you are home... I love you deeply and life is perfect when we are together!

Patrick Mead said...

Wow. I'm impressed, Gunny. Like my son says when I question how hard he trains -- "Somewhere out there, someone is training to kill me. I have to train harder than him."

(proud father of LCpl Mead)

Mark said...

Patrick, Thanks brother! Your son is a wise man. I have met those training to kill him and unfortunately, have probably trained some of them. You can tell him that when the training is equal, it is the heart of the warrior that determines the victor. I have met no adversary who has the heart of our Marines. Two people can do the same workout, but the one who puts the most into it gets the most out of it. You tell your son that we are all counting on him to keep up the GREAT work!

Semper Fi,
m