Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Training Day 2

We covered Force Protection stuff today. Good classes over all, but still using some of the old manuals. We as a class recommended them updating the publications and had some good overall discussions.

I really am learning more from my peers than the discussions.

Then there was the PT for the day. Not too bad considering... My quads are feeling it, but other than that, I am doing GREAT.

Following PT was chow, followed by a discussion of the Marine Corps Reading Program. I am not so sure this is what it is supposed to be anymore. We need to take a glimps back every now and again so we don't make the same mistakes, but enemies adapt. They change. Their changes require us to change as well. When presented with a screw, we need to use something different than the same old hammer.

Semper Fi,
m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark,

Change can be good, as long as you don't change the basics -

God first,
Country
Family

You know what I mean.
MOm