Saturday, January 31, 2009

Small Corps

Just today I was able to eat dinner with a Major that I go to church with! He and his family are AWESOME and they are hanging out with our family on a regular basis. (He is doing awesome Danielle!)

Tonight I also saw a Marine who's bride sings in our church choir. He just got here and still looks jet-lagged....

Then there is a GySgt who was a SSgt Intel student of mine... got to see him walking out of the chow hall....

Then there was another student of mine who came up to me and told me stories of stuff I had taught him back in the day....

Two of the civilians working here were active duty Marines back in the day and were students of mine. Now they are telling me to hold on to their contact information for when I retire....

Seems I can't go a day here with out someone coming up to me or me going up to them and reconnecting.

It is neat to see the threads of our lives make a pattern of friendly faces over the years. Personal seeds sown then are reaping a harvest now. Sure glad they were sown with care and kindness and not with malice.

Semper Fi,
m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! Sounds like you're in Jacksonville!!!!! Is there anyone left in Jacksonville, NC or has it become a ghost town.

Sounds to me like you could have church right there is Iraq!!!!!!

Mom