Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Surprise, I am HOME! 09

By now, hopefully you have put most of the pieces together.

We finished our job down there at the I-PTT in Ramadi, so we were pulled back to our unit. The unit didn't really have further work for us to do and the Marine Corps has decided to make a career course manditory for promotion. These two factors worked in concert and our unit leadership took care of Sgt Garrett and me and sent us back for the courses.

At this point, we are here until the courses are over in late April. Following that we will take a little vacation and start up the next set of pre-deployment work-ups, preparing for fall.

Until that point, I will still blog about what we are doing and what we are going through in our preparations for our next little trip.

Below are just a few shots from the homecoming... I think you know most of the dialog!

Seth, Katelyn, Caleb and Dad.

Me and Sgt Garrett standing next to the "Angelic" bus that carried us home on the last leg of our journey. (Can you hear me now?)

Semper Fi,

m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the picture with you and the kids, it looks like there are 2 Seths and no Calebs!!!!!!!! Sorry I missed their birthdays!!!! Sure thought about all of you though!!! Especially Colleen as we waited and WAITED and W-A-I-T-E-D in the hospital for little Harrison to be born. Today I'm back to work! (Actually on vacation from Chris and Amy's house!!! Ha! Ha! Just kidding Amy! I enjoyed every minute!!!! (Except for Josie's lotions!!!!!!!!!)
Mom
P.S. So glad you could be home for everyone's birthdays!!!!!!! I thought the party for the boys was Saturday! I almost called them yesterday thinking it was over. So glad I didn't!!!!!!!!